Universal catalyst which provides good results in a wide spectrum of transformations. High selectivity in cross metathesis (CM) reactions between type 1 olefins (rapid homodimerization, homodimers consumable) and an electron deficient partner, but gives lower efficiency (defined as Turnover Number, TON) than nitro-Grela-SIPr in this type of reactions. More efficient than other catalysts presented herein in reactions with sterically demanding substrates. Comparison with competing products:
– RCM: It is possible to perform the reaction at lower temperature (0 °C). Hoveyda-Grubbs II require higher temperature.
– En-yn: using nitro-Grela gives higher conversion with 2.5 times lower loading catalyst than Hoveyda-Grubbs,
– CM: nitro-Grela allows to perform reaction at lower temperature, with lower loading than Grubbs-II and Hoveyda-Grubbs II. The desired products are obtained with higher selectivity.
Molecular weight: 671.62 g/mol
Physical state: powder
Sales and Technical Support
Tel.: (+48) 71 798 56 21
Grazyna Szymanska, PhD
Global Business Development
Cell: (+1) 781 608 5859
High stability allows catalyst handling on air.
Long-term storage (>1 week): Store under inert gas in a cold place (recommended temp. 2 – 8 oC).
Short-term storage (<1 week): Store under inert gas at ambient temperature.
2. K. Grela, S. Harutyunyan, A. Michrowska “A New Highly Efficient Ruthenium Catalyst for Metathesis Reaction” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 41, 4038 – 4040, (2002);
3. Grela, K.; Michrowska, A.; Bieniek, M.; Kim, M.; Klajn, R. “Cross-metathesis reaction of vinyl sulfones and sulfoxides” Tetrahedron 2003, 59, 4525-4531.